Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Welcome & "Early Childhood Memories"

Hello & WELCOME to Queenie's Corner!
My Photo
The blog for all things QUEENIE!

Some of you may be readers of my sister-site, "lil Queenie's Paranormal Playhouse". And I may talk ghostly things here as well, but this blog is for more than paranormal topics. It's mainly just for whatever's on my mind at the time.

For instance:
Today's topic is early childhood memories.

How far back can you remember?

Some people can remember waaay back, and some of those memories are quite ODD!

And just to prove it, I've posted some stories from people just like you & I.

But unlike the playhouse, (unless it's just somethin' totally JAW-DROPPING)  I won't be editing out all the bad words...and hell, I may even add a few of my own!

It just takes so long to edit & we're all adults here right?  Surely you've heard it all before, unless you've been living in a commune all your life. (In other words, don't get all jacked outta shape if an F-bomb gets dropped from time to time!)

Anyway...Just warning you ahead of time, in case there are any "sensitives" here. I hope it won't be a problem-but if it is, feel free to bitch about it in the damned comment section below! ;)

These sometimes strange, sometimes hilarious, stories come from reddit.com

Enjoy!

By gsutoker:

"what is the weirdest childhood memory you have? You know that one thing, that makes no sense why you remember it, but for some reason, is forever stuck in your mind.

Ill go first:

When I was 3 maybe 4 years old I was over at a friends house (my childhood girlfriends house). Well I see her come running out of the bathroom, really scared. Next thing you know, both her mom and my mom are running into the bathroom. Me being the nosy ass little kid, I run into there and look into the toilet. HER SHIT WAS RED!!! LIKE BRIGHT FUCKING RED!!! Supposedly she ate 2-3 things of her moms lipstick, and well what goes in red, comes out red. For some reason, her lipstick shit will be forever burned into my mind."

By dudley-von-red-pants:
"My older sister was babysitting my brother and I. She cooked two frozen pizzas in the oven - one cheese, one supreme. When they were done cooking she set them down for us to eat. The supreme pizza had green peppers, but one of the green peppers started -crawling- off the pizza. It was some kind of worm or something, I don't really know, but she picked it up and flushed it down the toilet.
I have no idea how this could have happened since the pizzas were fully cooked in the oven, but all three of us remember it happening."

By generalcusterfucked:
"I read this as Im eating cold pizza. I feel sick. I remember as a kid of probably 6 or 7, my neighbor was this teenager who I occasionally hung out with. He saw me eating a pop-tart and told me he once found a rat's tail in it. I never liked pop-tarts since."

By cheese1756:
"One time when I was around 8 I was eating a chicken burger, and the middle of it was completely raw with a feather inside. I didn't eat chicken burgers for a while after that."

By procrastifarian:
"When I was 6, I didn't know we were poor and living in a shitty apartment complex in a bad neighborhood. One day after coming home from the pool, I left my bathing suit draped over the side of the bathtub to dry. When I came back, there were three cockroaches sitting in the crotch of it. That's one of my earliest memories. Crotchroaches."

By BegginForBacon:
"I was around 3 years old, and I had a pretty big head. My mom always used to love to buy turtle necks. I hated them because they made me claustrophobic. One day I decided enough was enough, and I was to take off that wretched sweater at the dinner table. For reasons I still today will not understand, I put one arm into the neckhole, thinking it would help me get it off. Turns out, I was in even worse shape than before; I was hopelessly stuck in that God-awful turtle-neck, with a head and an arm in one hole. I started whaling like no other, screaming for help. My parents and sister just looked at me for 5 minutes, laughing their asses off, while I was basically going insane trying to get it off. Eventually, my parents agreed to help me out of that cotton-laden hell, but to this day I will not wear one of those things ever again, even if my neck freezes permanently."

By VitaminMary:
"At maybe 7 years old I remember telling this kid I could count to 100 as we sat in the bleachers at a basketball game. I started counting. He punched my face. I didn't say a word after that."

By Pearbobber:
"when I was 4 or 5 I had a dream that Woodsy Owl was riding my tricycle in circles in our living room "HOOT HOOT HOOT!". My parents found me sleep walking and crying in the middle of the room."

By Backsupusername:
"The first time I ever saw a vagina was in pre-school. I was just sitting there, eating my fish sticks, and this girl walks out of the bathroom with her diaper around her ankles, the teacher still wiping her ass for her, and I look over, and I remember thinking
"It's just a little line. That's weird."
On an unrelated note, she is now a lesbian, and she and her girlfriend are very attractive and happy together."

By DepartmentStoreSpook:
"When I was around 7-8 I used to have this babysitter that was... different. He was around 16 at the time, and lived up the street from me. I remember he put on some R rated movie, something with guns in it, and I told him that I'm not allowed to watch those. He turned it off, said sorry, then put my face on the couch, put a pillow on my head, sat on it, and farted a fart that could compare to the thunderous might of Zeus, then just turned it back on. A couple years later he got arrested for illegally selling military weapons out of his van..."

By KatherineDenise:
"I was about 5 at the time, and I had a younger cousin who was 3. Our moms were sisters, and they were both teenagers when they had us, so we were all living together in my grandparents house. Anyways, my mom had just bought me this bouncy ball, and I was bouncing that fucker all over the place. Well, my cousin sees it and decides he wants it. He pushes me to the ground, and we begin to scream and fight like rabid baboons. I'm so pissed that I'm seeing red, and I'm wailing on him as much as a fat 5-year-old Mexican girl can. I get him to the ground, and run to grab the ball, which has ended up in a basket. I bend down to touch that glorious hunk of plastic, when there is a sudden, sharp pain in my bum. My cousin bit me on the ass. HARD. I screamed in agony, and I think at this point my uncle took a break from being high as fuck to separate us. But I got that ball. Still have it, too."

By SimonSays:
"When I was 8 years old we had an early dismissal at school so I was walking home around lunch time. I walked through my alley and went through my back gate.
Just as I walked past my garage and into my back yard I heard the weirdest scream I have ever heard. Looked over in my neighbors yard and there he was, my neighbor's 35 year old son.
He was wearing his mom's dress and high heels and had a bag of trash in his hands.
I stood there in disbelief, my mouth wide open in shock. He dropped the trash and ran awkwardly (in heels) behind a tree in their back yard.
I don't think I ever ran as fast as I did then into my house. I watched him from inside and he stood behind the tree for a pretty long time. I remember he was muttering things to himself as he removed the heels and sulked back into the house.
At the time it really scared me, but now I recognize he was just into different things I guess."

By JLebowski:
"Why did he scream in the first place?"

By JMaboard:
"He thought the Tyra show was getting canceled."

By eessennet:
"I don't remember how old I was when this happened... I think 4. My mother was talking to my violin teacher after a lesson, so my older sister and I were waiting outside. She convinced me the orangeish-yellow inside of an acorn was cheese (that's why squirrels liked it). And I ate it. NOT cheese."

By HaydenIsNeato:
"I played this similar sort of prank on one of my neighbors when I was about 7 or 8, she was about a year younger than me.
After eating the inside of it she freaked out and ran inside of her house so I went back home as well. About an hour or so later, after I had returned outside, her mom came out looking for me. She proceeded to tell me a story about how she and her younger sister used to make and eat mud pies when they were kids. She concluded the story by telling me how her sister is now blind from eating a mud pie that had some sort of worm larvae in it.
Needless to say, I started bawling, horrified at the fact that I had just potentially blinded my friend."

By JMaboard:
"When I was 7 or 8 I convinced the other kids in my grade that we should make our own "club gangs" and that I was the leader of all the club gangs.
It lasted for 3 days...best 3 days of my life...EVER!"

By SomeRandomRedditer:
"Must have been 7 or so. I was at a grocery store with my mom. Then, I see this black guy, very dark. I was terrified, I thought he was a horrible burn victim that should by all rights have been dead, but he was up and walking. I screamed and kept screaming. My mom, of course, was very embarrassed.
That, or, when I was maybe 9, having a sleep over, and my friend chased me with his penis hanging out, all in good fun I guess, maybe. Anyway, I barricaded my door to my room, and went to sleep. When I woke up, he was in the room, staring at me. He said he got bored and forced his way in. And I didn't freaking wake up.
Not quite a memory but a set of memories about an illogical fear... I was afraid that when I was sitting on a toilet, satan/a demon would come up through the pipes and steal my soul/kill me, so I always finished quickly, sometimes running from the toilet without flushing when done enough."

By Ithinkitsfunny:
"I was on this preschool group walk up the block (I guess a field trip, but it happened often).
We were walking up a hill, and this creepy ass dummy in a baby carriage went flying past us. I was fully aware of it's not being real person, but I still said 'hi' to it.
Years after, I still expected to see that happen again."

By BuzzedLikeAldrin:
"I had always thought it was just make believe and something i'd seen in a movie, but my mum convinced me otherwise.
I always had a memory of riding a cat as a baby, like a cowboy riding a horse. As i got older i just assumed it was something i'd dreamt/made up. Mentioned it one day to mum around 16yrs and her response was along the lines of "oh i remember that, you were so cute'. Turns out i did ride that bad boy, yeehaw!"

By youthminister:
"My earliest memory is when I pooped in the bathtub.
I remembered hearing a comedian talk about peeing in the shower, so I figured pooping in the tub would be ok too.
My parents had to use a small fish net to get it out."

By scruffy mcgruffy:
"I remember my first day at pre-school. We were all in a big circle, with our respective parents behind us. I vaguely remember standing up and walking over to a boy on the other side of the circle. He smiled. I bit him in the face."

I hope you enjoyed the blog! Unfortunately, I'm out of space, but check back soon for more! And if YOU have any early memories of your own, please post them in the comments section! I'd love to hear them!  :)

Frosty...
~Queenie~

http://lilqueeniesparanormalplayhouse.blogspot.com/2011/05/notice.html

(Link to the playhouse above)

No comments:

Post a Comment